Students can apply for a variety of financial assistance options by completing and submitting either the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the California Dream Act Application (CADAA). Complete only one of the applications (not both), according to the citizenship requirements:

You are eligible to complete the FAFSA at
if you are a:

  • U.S. citizen
  • Permanent resident
  • Eligible non-citizen
  • T Visa holder

You are eligible to complete the CADAA at
if you:

  • Are undocumented
  • Have a valid or expired DACA
  • Are a U Visa holder
  • Have Temporary Protected Status (TPS)
  • Meet the non-resident exemption requirements under AB 540

Types of Financial Aid:

  • Tuition Waivers
  • Grants
  • Federal Work-Study
  • Scholarships
  • Loans

Full time + First time = Free tuition (FT³)

First-time college students can qualify for free tuition for two academic years, regardless of income.