Los Medanos College (LMC) is excited to announce the opening of its new Kinesiology & Athletics Complex (KAC), which features a Fitness Center available for all students enrolled in the training class. The Center has four main areas to meet different goals:
- CARDIOVASCULAR TRAINING, which includes stationary bikes, treadmills, tread climbers, and elliptical trainers
- STRENGTH TRAINING, with power racks, benches, free weights, barbells, and dumbbells
- FUNCTIONAL TRAINING, with TRX suspension training, Matrix trainers, rope trainers, medicine balls, stability balls, and more
- CIRCUIT TRAINING, with combined selectorized weight training equipment, stationary bikes, and elliptical machines used in an alternating fashion to generate a full-body workout in 30 minutes
Want to Know More?
By enrolling in a 1-credit, pass/no pass “Life Fitness Center – Training” class (KNACT-110) at the beginning of the semester, anyone can utilize the KAC Fitness Center at their convenience. The Fitness Center is open 56 hours a week, from 7:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m., with an instructor available to help develop a program to meet your individual health and fitness goals.
The KAC also has specialty areas to support other classes and intercollegiate athletics:
- GENERAL LOCKER ROOMS – for students enrolled in activity classes, including Life Fitness Center
- WEIGHT ROOM – includes Keiser strength/pneumatic training, power racks, multi-functional training equipment, plyo boxes, free weights, and cardio equipment
- FITNESS STUDIO – featuring Mondo flooring and home to classes such as Bootcamp, Cardio Kickboxing, Core, and Spin
- DANCE STUDIO – home to a variety of classes, including CardioDance, Jazz, Yoga, and Pilates
- TEAM LOCKER ROOMS – for LMC intercollegiate athletic programs
- ATHLETICS TRAINING ROOM – offering cryotherapy, therapeutic ultrasound, whirlpools, and thermal modalities to support intercollegiate athletes
Whether you want to work out on your own, take a class, or join a team, get involved in physical activity on campus – you can meet new people, reduce your stress, and learn new ways to practice healthy living. Together we are “Mustang STRONG!”