Since its formation in 1997, the Los Medanos College (LMC) Foundation has been committed to building pathways for LMC students to fulfill their dreams. The Foundation raises funds and allocates critical financial support for educational and career technical training programs, teaching facilities, student scholarships and emergency funds.
Investments from corporations and individual donors have enabled the LMC Foundation to:
- Award over 6,000 scholarships to students
- Assist more than 2,000 students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities
- Facilitate over $10 million in college program grants
- Support career technical programs such as nursing, electrical engineering, law enforcement, emergency medical technology and firefighting
- Help students learn skills that lead to jobs earning more than $80,000 per year
- Provide emergency financial support to hundreds of low-income students struggling with basic needs including childcare, food, rent, and transportation so they are able to remain in school and complete their goals
Join us in supporting LMC students in their pursuits to become scholars, police officers, scientists, nurses, firefighters, teachers, or advanced manufacturing technicians. Your contributions can help our students realize their goals, and in turn, help our communities become stronger with a vibrant workforce for today and tomorrow.
“Dow is proud to be a long-time financial partner and member of the LMC Foundation. The Foundation supports many students who are pursuing technical careers. The Foundation’s practical assistance and encouragement for LMC’s students have provided a major source of workforce talent that Dow and other advanced manufacturing companies desperately need. We could not fill our talent pipeline without our partnership with LMC!”
– Carlos Deloach – Operations and Maintenance Group Leader and LMC Foundation Board Member
To learn more about the LMC Foundation, and to make a one-time or recurring monthly gift, visit www.losmedanos.edu/foundation.
To explore planned giving via life insurance, stocks and trusts, will and bequest, and real estate, contact Trinh Nguyen, PhD, LMC Development Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 473-7315.
– Trinh Nguyen, PhD